Saturday, February 7, 2009

Everyone Loves The Slinky

My parents got back from Germany last night.  It was good to see them again.  My sister and Rex were with them and they made it back to China safely, so that is good also.

I was talking with Joe about the NCAA basketball tournament which is coming up in a month.  We both agree that it is the most exciting thing in sports.  Any team can catch fire and make it to the Final Four (George Mason a couple of years ago is the best example).  I live for the first few rounds though, I love upsets in anything.  I guess I just love it when the unexpected happens.

Kind of last night.  I was getting ready for bed and playing some PS3 when the power goes out and I start hearing voices outside, so I think somebody cut the power on purpose.  As it turns out it was just John, Courtney, and J.D. getting back from Northgate and they thought I was asleep.  They were waiting outside since Joe wasn't back yet, and apparently some drunk dude ran into a light pole and that was what messed up the power.  It went out a few more times the next few hours.  I go back to my room and am about to go to sleep when I start hearing more voices in the kitchen.  More people had shown up.  So I walk outside and within five minutes there is a beer pong game going on.  We ended up having about 15 people over until about 5:30 in the morning.  Fun times.

The Texas A&M/Kansas State basketball game starts in about 15 minutes.  Hopefully they can pull it out.  They need a win desperately.  I don't know what it is, because they have a good team.  They just need a true point guard or something.  They tend to go flat offensively a lot more often than they have the past few years.  I guess we will see.

'Til next time...

1 comment:

  1. We went to the game yesterday, what a let down. We were so close at the end, I really hope we get it together soon. It should be interesting when we play Texas in a week...

    ReplyDelete