Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who's Betta Than Kanyon?

Alright, I guess the title doesn't really say anything about what I am going to talk about.  It is just a catchphrase from a pro wrestler back when it was actually entertaining to watch.

Today on the Jim Rome radio show they were talking about whether or not Pat Tillman deserves to go into the pro football hall of fame.  I don't know if he does or not because I guess I am a little biased in his favor.  The guy was a total stud when he played for the Cardinals, but it was only for four years.  The guy did, however, turn down a multi-million dollar a year contract in order to become an Army Ranger.  That is unheard of these days.  Just about every professional athlete is about the money and that is about it.  

Anyway, if you don't already know about him, he was killed in Afghanistan in 2004.  Ever since then he has been nothing but beloved by the media and pretty much everybody who knows his story, and rightly so I think.  If I had a say, though, I would put him into the hall of fame just because people could bring their children and show them his plaque in Canton and tell them about the guy.  Almost nobody (including me, more than likely) would be willing to give up that much money and that much fame.

Right now I am watching Scrubs again.  I am totally addicted to the show.  My brother got me started on it while we were in Tahoe.  I had seen it a few other times before then but I was never hooked.  I only have the first four seasons on DVD right now, and will probably buy the last three sometime soon.  I just don't know when.

It is weird how I go through different phases where I am obsessed with different shows, movies, or books though.  I think since I have graduated I have been slightly obsessed with the Harry Potter series, the Dark Tower series, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, and now Scrubs.  I guess it is natural, but I also think it is kind of funny.

Anyways, 'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment