Monday, February 2, 2009

Slasher Films...And More?

I am ready for the new Friday the 13th remake to come out.  I don't know if it will be any good or if I will even see it in theaters, but Jason is a badass.  Michael Myers is also a badass, but I haven't made it around to seeing that Halloween remake that came out a year or two ago.  I think the thing that I like most about slasher movies is how stupid all of the other characters are.  There are always the sex starved teenagers that get killed just before or just after, and a lot of times the female is still naked when she gets killed.  And then instead of getting as far away from the place as they can the rest of the people try and find a way to stop the killer, or they move slowly and/or stupidly enough to where they are able to get caught.  I mean what kind of female runs through the woods in heels?  If you can hardly walk in them without spraining your ankle then how do you expect to run in them?

I guess the only ones that I am not a big fan of are Nightmare on Elm Street and Child's Play.  Freddy has never clicked with me, and I am still a bit scared of Chucky.  The thing with Chucky is that I first watched part of a Childs Play movie when I was little and that kind of stuck, but also I hate, HATE, porcelain dolls.  They have always freaked me out.  My sister used to have one in her room and I am not a fan.  If she is reading this, I hated that thing almost as much as ET.

I do wish it was Friday though.  Weekends always seem to fly by while weekdays drag on.

Oh well.  'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment