Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here We Go Again

I really don't know what I am going to say here.  Nothing is exactly on my mind that needs to be talked about, but maybe something will come as I type.

Right now I am just laying on the couch watching Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi.  It is a pretty interesting show if you haven't ever watched it.  I guess it is safe to say that I do believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever.  Then again I also believe in life on other planets (kind of that 'the universe is too big to only be us' thing).  Throw in the fact that I love reading Stephen King's Dark Tower books, which deals with parallel universes and stuff, and it can get you thinking.  One thing that kind of stands out to me is this:  what if you got to the edge of the universe only to find out that it was just an atom in a cell of something like a blade of grass in another universe.  I know that is highly unlikely, but is there any way to really know for sure?

My arm is really sore right now.  I joined a slow pitch softball team with Joe and Andy (my roommates) along with Justin (my college roommate) and Andy's brother and some of his friends.  We were just meeting to try and shake the rust off since the season starts here in a couple of weeks and to try and determine where everybody will be playing.  As of now it looks like I will be at third base if you happen to care.  It had been a really long time since I had thrown a baseball/softball so I expect my arm to be sore here for a few days.

I wonder if there are any guys who have read an enjoyed the Twilight books.  A couple of friends of mine (female of course) are trying to get me to read them.  I expect that I would probably enjoy them, but I am not always big on the love stories and such.

On a side note, McDonalds is brilliant for doing their 50 piece McNuggets for 10 dollars during Super Bowl weekend.  I swear my roommates and I have already bought 3 of those things since yesterday evening.  That is 3 total, not each.

I spent about half an hour earlier searching for and saving wallpaper images for all 32 NFL teams.  My Macbook has a feature that rotates images contained in a folder, so I think it is pretty cool that I will have all of them rotating on my computer and changing every five minutes (it just went from the 49ers to the Broncos).  Now if I can only find one of the Houston Oilers then I will be all set.  I love me some Houston Oilers.  I wish the Texans would have been able to buy the name back from the Titans.

I guess that is it for now.  Check back later.  There may be some drunken ramblings after the Super Bowl, but I cannot promise.

'Til next time...

1 comment: